Thursday, August 18, 2005

Album: Steven Curtis Chapman's The Live Adventure


I love this album and never grow weary of listening to it. When I started serving in the youth music ministry as a pianist somewhere in 1993 (after my "O" levels), this album inspired me to lot. It continued to minister to me throughout my teenage years and even during National Service.

One time, during a particular youth service held a long time ago, we turned off all the lights in the service hall and screened the video recording of this live concert. Just thinking about it makes me feel nostalgic and long after the "good old days."

Every single song in the album is fantastic. However, if I were to pick a favorite track, it would be track #7, where Steven Curtis Chapman played an acoustic medley of some "quiet" songs (My Redeemer Is Faithful and True, His Eyes, Waiting For Lightning, When You Are A Soldier, Heart's Cry, His Strength Is Perfect).

Even though this is not strictly a praise and worship album but a live concert performance, Chapman managed to deliver across a worshipful experience for his audience. You kind of feel like you are right inside the concert, worshipping together with the rest of the people. Thus, I will always be touched by Chapman's intense worship whenever I listened to this album.

Track Listing:
  1. Prologue
  2. Great Adventure
  3. That's Paradise
  4. Go There With You
  5. Busy Man
  6. Great Adventure "Stuff"
  7. Acoustic Medley
  8. More to This Life
  9. For the Sake of the Call
  10. I Will Be Here
  11. My Turn Now
  12. No Better Place
  13. My Turn Now
  14. No Better Place

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home