Friday, March 25, 2005

Album: Kent Henry's I Have A Destiny

Here's another one of my old cassette albums that I'd like to introduce. This album features Kent Henry as the worship leader.

Two of my favorite "fast" songs from the album are "I Have A Destiny" and "Oh Most High." The song "I Have A Destiny" contains a couple of Calvinistic phrases, such as "Long before the ages You predestined me" that lay stress on the doctrine of predestination. The phrase "I did not choose you but You have chosen me" supports the doctrine of irresistible grace, where God determines the elect and draws them to Him. "I know You will complete the work begun in me" teaches the preservation of the saints, where God will be faithful to perfect us until the day of Jesus’ return.

The songs found in the album are:
  1. I Have A Destiny
  2. Shout Joyfully
  3. Let's All Celebrate
  4. Sing Unto the Lord
  5. Oh Most High
  6. To the Praise of His Glory
  7. Let's Take Time
  8. Spirit of the Living God
  9. In Your Presence
  10. Mighty are the Words (spontaneous song)
  11. Lord, I Live by Your Word
I Have A Destiny
(Eph. 1:11; John 15:16; Phil 1:6)
By Mark Altrogge
© 1988 PDI/Pleasant Hill Music Diadam, Inc. 939 Sundersville Ferry Rd., Mt. Juliet, TN 37122


I have a destiny I know I shall fulfill
I have a destiny in that city on a hill.
I have a destiny and it's not an empty wish
For I know I was born for such a time as this.

Long before the ages You predestined me
To walk in all the works You have prepared for me
You've given me a part to play in history
To help prepare a bride for eternity.

I did not choose you but You have chosen me
And appointed me for bearing fruit abundantly
I know You will complete the work begun in me
By the power of Your Spirit working mightily.
Listen to a 30 sec. MP3 sample of "I Have A Destiny" by Kent Henry. File size: 120 KB.

10 Comments:

Blogger Jeddy! said...

hi! i'm searching for the song I have a destiny, and i found it on your blog. however, it seems to be only a fraction of the song. I was wondering if you've got the full song, and that you may be kind enough to send it to me? thanks. please contact me back.

3/4/06 9:02 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hello, I have searched everywhere for this album with no success. I am looking for "Mighty are the words" on this album. If you can send it to me I will greatly appreciate it.

7/3/10 6:11 AM  
Blogger Steven Mark Phillips said...

I Have A Destiny is on the Anthology II cd from Kent Henry. The CD is titled "Oh Most High" and is available from Kent Henry Ministries. http://www.kenthenry.com/index.php

16/11/11 10:07 AM  
Blogger dndvc said...

I'm searching for the medley Hosanna and These Things From the album Oh Most High...tried to order the album but could not go through

25/2/18 10:29 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I own all of Kent Henry albums. I can send you a copy if you like.

5/10/18 6:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh yes if you can send me a copy I would greatly appreciated. For some reason I'm just now receiving this message. Email me at:
2royalty2ster@gmail.com
I am looking for this album, "I have a destiny' particular songsong, 'mighty are the words.'
Thank you

5/10/18 9:30 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Can send me a copy also, greatly appreciated.
alexsonkung@yahoo.com

20/7/19 2:49 PM  
Blogger Bob said...

Kindly send me this album if you still have

30/5/21 2:28 AM  
Blogger Bob said...

Kindly send this album. I really will appreciate robertbobngulube@gmail.com.

5/7/21 12:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am looking for. I have a destiny album and also Gloria Honor and phrase and you exalted the lord. I'm willing to pay money for it. Please call me at 918-232-0303

31/7/23 7:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home