Saturday, March 12, 2005

Album: Graham Kendrick's Crown Him

I have ripped another of my old cassette album into MP3 format. This time, it is Graham Kendrick's Crown Him. I especially love the song "Lead Me To The Cross (How Can I Be Free From Sin)", whose lyrics are miles better than the lyrics of many of the worship songs that are being churned out nowadays.
Lead Me To The Cross
By Graham Kendrick and Steve Thompson
© 1991 Make Way Music/Adm. in U.S. and Canada by Integrity's Hosanna! Music/ASCAP

How can I be free from sin?
Lead me to the cross of Jesus
From the guilt, the power, the pain?
Lead me to the cross of Jesus
There's no other way
No price that I could pay
Simply to the cross I cling
This is all I need
This is all I plead
That his blood was shed for me

How can I know peace within?
Lead me to the cross of Jesus
Sing a song of joy again!
Lead me to the cross of Jesus
Flowing from above
All-forgiving love
From the Father's heart to me!
What a gift of grace
His own righteousness
Clothing me in purity!

How can I live day by day?
Lead me to the cross of Jesus
Following his narrow way?
Lead me to the cross of Jesus
It's a pity that charismatic Christians are constantly looking for the next worship "hit" when there are many songs from the early to mid 90s that can be reused.

Listen to a 30 sec. MP3 sample of "Lead Me To The Cross" by Graham Kendrick. File size: 119 KB.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this era of Hosanna. How did you take a cassette to MP3? Or is that not what you said. If you feel alright about passing some of these on I'd appreciate them. My tapes are holding up but I'm afraid of breaking them. I used to get them regularly, then they started changing and I ceased my delivery from hosanna. I'm enjoying your site very much. Thanks, Betsy truthmakesfree@comcast

27/9/08 9:41 AM  
Blogger PureandSimpleAnswersforYou said...

My email has changed.I'd like to be in touch with you. Send me an email at betsydettloff@gmail.com if you see you, o.k.? Thanks for all the great posts. Betsy

2/11/10 8:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home