Friday, March 25, 2005

Song: Your Grace Is Sufficient

I love this song because of the deep emphasis it gives to the doctrine of Sola Gratia a.k.a. by God's grace alone. If you look closely at the lyrics, it is apparent that the theology behind the words contradicts the Roman Catholic Church's theological position.

For example, the words "I'm no longer striving to merit Your love" shows us that good works contribute nothing to the Christian's salvation. "That all of my sins have been washed in Your blood" denies the false doctrine of the forgiveness of sins by water baptism. "You see me as righteous because of the blood that made the atonement for me" speaks of the substitutionary atonement of Jesus Christ.

This song can be found in the Integrity Music's album, Come To The Table, which features Martin J. Nystrom as the worship leader.
Your Grace Is Sufficient
By Martin J. Nystrom
© 1991 Integrity's Hosanna! Music/ASCAP


Your grace is sufficient for me
Your strength is made perfect
When I am weak
All that I cling to
I lay at Your feet
Your grace is sufficient for me

I'm no longer striving
To merit Your love
I rest in Your promise to me
That all of my sins have
Been washed in Your blood
Your mercy is all that I need

You see me as righteous
Because of the blood
That made the atonement for me
Your mercy has triumphed
Where I should be judged
So now by Your grace I am free
Listen to a 30 sec. MP3 sample of "Your Grace Is Sufficient" by Martin J. Nystrom. File size: 120 KB.

3 Comments:

Blogger Boto said...

AWESOME SONG worthy to our AWESOME GOD .....

11/10/07 4:51 AM  
Anonymous Marty Nystrom said...

Hi, this is Marty Nystrom composer of "Your Grace is Sufficient". Thank you for your kind words about the song. God bless you, Marty

23/7/10 9:29 AM  
Anonymous shop tienda erotica said...

Of course, the writer is totally fair.

3/10/11 7:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home